Happy Arbor Day 2015!
Today is Arbor Day (April 24th this year), a holiday dedicated to planting and caring for trees. Could there be a more worthwhile activity? As many Subaru bumpers proclaim, Trees Are The Answer to many problems. This is especially true in our neck of the woods.
We all know one of Cleveland’s nicknames is The Forest City, but what can we do as residents to better live up to this title?
Be a good Forest Citizen and check out these opportunities to show some love to the leafy friends that make our city a better place:
- Get your hands dirty at the Adventure Tree Planting at Whitesburg Park in Chagrin Falls on Sat., April 25, 9am. Learn more on the Facebook event page here.
- Did you know the City of Cleveland will plant 1,000 trees in the next two years? Learn more about the Cleveland’s urban reforestation plan.
- Check out Cuyahoga County’s Tree Canopy Interactive Map to see how your home’s tree canopy compares to surrounding communities.
- Learn more about the Western Reserve Land Conservancy‘s Reforest Our City initiative, which offers Tree Steward Trainings and grant programs: http://www.wrlandconservancy.org/ReforestOurCity.htm
- Did you know roadside trees reduce nearby indoor air pollution by more than 50%? Learn more about the health and economic benefits of having leafy neighbors with these Tree Facts.
- Attend the Arbor Day 2015 event at The Holden Arboretum tomorrow, April 25th from 10am-4pm, which includes tree seedling giveaways, kids guided tree climb, and Great Lake Timber Show.
- Search all of Ohio for a volunteer opportunity or create your own event. Visit Arbor Day Foundation’s Volunteer Center.
Enjoy your Forest City!